Our goal is to provide you with the highest levels of safety, comfort and care. Please review the following pre-op guidelines, and call the office with any questions: 941.926.9100
Please note: This section assumes you have had a pre-operative consultation.
- Nothing to eat or drink for a minimum of 6-8 hours prior to surgery (including water).
- Take ALL regular medications unless told otherwise. Only a small sip of water.
- For patients who are taking blood thinning mediations (i.e., Coumadin/Warfarin) please have your INR checked 3 days prior to your scheduled surgery and have the results faxed to our office at 941.926.9105.
- If you are diabetic, please skip your medications on the morning of surgery. If you start to feel light-headed you may sip apple juice.
- A driver is REQUIRED to bring you and take you home from your appointment.
- Plan to leave your personal belongings with your driver.
- Plan to rest the remainder of the day of surgery. Do NOT drive a vehicle, operate any machinery or sign any legal documents for 24 hours following your surgery.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbows, and low-healed or flat shoes. Minimal make-up and jewelry.
- Soft foods and liquids are best for the first day. Maintain a soft diet for several days and gradually progress to solid foods.
- If an antibiotic is given, please start 1 day PRIOR to surgery and take 1 tablet 4 times daily as follows: Breakfast, lunch, dinner and bedtime.
Additional instructions will be provided during your appointment.
Pre-Operative Instructions Form